Tuesday, June 1, 2010

31 1/7

Today, I had my first appointment with my new ob/gyn, Dr Ha. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have any moose sightings on the drive, but given that it was only about a mile away, I suppose I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up too much. The office was very nice, and actually felt much less factory-like than my ob in Boston. Everything continues to look fine (fetal heart rate 156). I'm going to be seeing her weekly, and have a follow up ultrasound at 33-34 weeks to see what's happened to the small collection of blood. She said if I continue to have no further bleeding and the blood goes away, I could consider going home at 34 weeks! I'm not getting my hopes up too much about this one, but still it's nice to hear that all is well. I will be seeing her weekly, for the time being.

We had a fun evening yesterday. Marika had some of her friends over last night for a Memorial Day barbeque. Chris manned the grill, and grilled up some excellent burgers and veggies. Oddly enough, one of her friends grew up in my neighborhood in Concord, and his sister and my sister went to nursery school together and were good friends when they were little. A very small world...

Today, I'm going to attempt to see if my brain hasn't completely atrophied after a week of bed rest and try to work on a manuscript we are trying to get out the door at work. Hopefully my brain hasn't atrophied as much as my muscles, as I have actually lost a pound over the past 2 weeks, and that has to be due to muscle atrophy, given all I do is sit around and eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment