Monday, May 31, 2010

31 0/7



We have had a very nice Memorial Day weekend at Marika's place. We got to her place on Friday afternoon, I think that Chris and I were both a bit nervous that night. But everything has gone fine without any complications. I certainly am getting kicked all the time!

On Sat, Chris and Marika did fun housework around the house while I hung out. The weather both Sat and Sun was phenomenal- in the 80's in the sun! I'm glad that I had my sister mail me my few pairs of maternity shorts, it's hot here! We've spent much of the days on Marika's patio, soaking up the sun. We've also broken out the grill, and Chris grilled steaks and veggies on Sat, and Marika treated us to some Alaskan salmon on the grill, which her mom had caught.

I think I'm finally getting someone used to the sunlight here (today: daylight is 4:39 am until 11:18 pm). I am finally able to go to sleep in broad daylight and not wake up in the morning until it's been daylight for several hours. I haven't had a chance to see much wildlife yet, but I swear on Sat night I woke up to a clip clopping sound going down Marika's street, which was likely some moose roaming the neighborhood.

Tomorrow I have a follow up appointment with my new ob here in Alaska. While I did put in a referral to my PMD on Friday afternoon, I give it about a 75% of Blue Cross Blue Shield being annoying and sending me a bill for seeing someone out of network. Apparently with our health insurance, we're allowed to see people for emergencies out of state, but for routine things (like ob visits), I'm supposed to see someone in state. When I spoke with BCBS on Friday, they did admit that this was somewhat of an unusual situation (nice of them to concede that!), so I guess we'll wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment