Tuesday, July 6, 2010

36 1/7

I really don't have much to say since my last posting, it's been pretty quiet since Kristin and Chris left. But I did have my weekly ob visit this morning, and feel somewhat obligated to do a posting as a result. Everything continues to look fine. The baby is still growing and kicking. Now we're just waiting.

I suppose the big news is that Chris now has a ticket to come up Saturday July 24, the weekend before the c-section is scheduled. I'm just crossing my fingers that this baby doesn't decide to come early! And the perhaps bigger news is that we now have tickets to come home 2 weeks after the c-section, on Tuesday August 10. Somehow it makes it more bearable to be here, knowing that the end is in sight. My dad and step-mother are also coming up on July 24, and will be here for a week. My mom is scheduled to fly home on August 5, and Chris and I are hoping that we will be seasoned enough at that point to survive the last few days on our own!

The other thing I (re)learned yesterday is that it could always be worse! When we were having dinner at the Hickel House, another woman was saying that she was staying here because her daughter was having complications with her pregnancy. Her daughter was attending school in Fairbanks and developed some sort of complication (I didn't ask) and now she is on strict bed rest. I can't even imagine how miserable strict bed rest would be. But the real kicker is that this mother came all the way from Cameroon to be with her daughter! Kind of puts coming from Boston in perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment