Monday, July 12, 2010

37 0/7

Mom by the totem pole at the Alaska Native Heritage Center

I am now officially full term and it's time for my weekly post-ob appointment posting! I had my weekly visit this morning, everything continues to be fine. I am starting to feel more tired though, and I'm not sleeping as well as I had been before, mostly due to lots of kicking. I think either he's training for the World Cup in 2034 or is going to be a drummer, because the kicking is very rhythmic. His new favorite place to kick me is on the left side on the underside of my ribs, which is actually kind of painful. The nurse today asked me if I was counting the days, and I told her I'm counting the days to 3 different events: Chris coming out (13), the baby being born (16), and when we are heading back to Boston (30).

In the meantime, the time here is actually going by more quickly that I would have expected. Sleeping so much certainly takes up much of my day. But everyday we try to go for a walk and then do something else. On Friday, my mom and I went to the Alaska Native Heritage Center, which had really interesting exhibits about the various native cultures. It also happened to be a beautifully sunny day, which was nice because most of the exhibits were outside. We had lunch at their outside grill, and had native foods too: I had a reindeer burger (tasted pretty much like a hamburger) and mom got grilled salmon. We also got pedicures on Sat, which was pretty crucial for me, because it's getting harder and harder for me to touch my toes!

Today is another beautiful sunny day. I'm pretty tired this morning due to my lack of sleep last night, but hopefully if I feel a bit perkier later in the day, we'll go for a walk. The nice thing is that since the sun sets to late, we can take walks late in the afternoon/early evening and it's still broad daylight out there! Tonight is the season premiere of "The Closer," which I'm kind of pathetically excited about seeing. Then later this week, I'm going to be joining Marika and her friends for some get-togethers in the evenings, which should be fun too.

Thanks again to everyone who has emailed, written, and called me. It's nice to still feel connected to home!

No comments:

Post a Comment